Water is extremely important to human health. Two thirds of the human body is water. Every biological process in the body needs water to work. Health experts say that 75% of people in North America suffer from what they call chronic dehydration. They call this “the hidden epidemic.” The problem is that even when it is mild, dehydration can cause a host of problems such as fatigue, fuzzy thinking and other issues. If a person loses enough water to translate to between 9% and 12% of the person’s total body weight, it can cause death. One of the best ways to get the cleanest water for yourself and your family is to get a whole home water filtration system.
There are a number of other reasons you may want to think about getting a whole home water filtration system put in. Here are a few:
- Every water source in your home will have access to the same clean water. The water you use to bathe, cook and clean your clothing will all be equally clean and free of chemicals and pathogens.
- Chemicals will be removed before they have the chance to get into the air. Some of the problems that can be dealt with by using a whole house filtration system include chlorine and other chemicals. One of the best ways to deal with chlorine removal is to use a system that gets the chemical out of the water as soon as the water gets into the home. Cities and towns put chlorine in the drinking water to kill bacteria but it can smell bad and make your water taste bad. It can also get cause your dishwasher to leave soap scum on your dishes.
- You water will be healthier. Clean water is one of the most important things we need to survive and be healthy. Having a whole home water filtration system can help make sure the water that is available to you and your family is as healthy as possible. There is no way to get safer water all over your home.
- A whole home water filtration will make your air healthier, too. If you or if someone else in your home has allergies or suffers from asthma, you want to make the air in your home as clean as possible. When your water is filtered at the level of the tap, chlorine and other chemicals can get into your home and the vapors can contaminate your air. This can make it hard for some people to breathe.
- The water your family uses to bathe will be cleaner. The whole home water filtration systems are better at making all of the water in your home safe. When you bathe, any chemicals that are in your water get absorbed by your skin, you breathe in the vapor and end up drinking some of it. For all of these reasons, having a whole home water filtration system will make everyone healthier.
- You will help protect yourself and your family from cancer causing agents. The water that comes in your home may have dangerous chemicals that are linked to the development of cancer. When your water is filtered at its entry point into the home, everyone has more protection from these chemicals.
Every day, the typical household in the United States will use about 350 gallons of water. There are a lot of benefits to drinking water. People who consume a 16 ounce glass of water before they sit down to eat a meal will lose more weight than dieters who do not do this. If you drink water about a half an hour before you eat a meal can help you feel sated (full) faster, this can also make you select healthier foods. Drinking enough water can lower your chances for developing colon cancer by 45%. It can also cut your risk of developing bladder cancer in half. There is new evidence that drinking enough water can reduce a person’s risk for breast cancer, too.
Making your water tasty and healthy can really make everyone be healthier overall. Using a whole home water filtration system can encourage everyone in your home to drink more.