Organization is an important part of a person’s ability to have a clear mind throughout the day. The organization of a room or a house can help a person feel more “in control” of their thoughts and helps a person think more rationally or in a more organized fashion. For this reason (among other reasons), organization is a big industry.
There are many kinds of organizational devices available to put in homes to organize space, belongings, and other goods. There are organizers for clothes, books, scrapbooks, notes, and other goods. These organizers are sold in stores or can be ordered online. These organizers help to reduce what is called “clutter.”
Clutter is a serious problem in America. A quote once said that Americans have an unseemly amount of storage space per person, with this storage space containing goods that Americans do not want to throw away. This clutter involves many objects that have emotions associated with them or objects that are investments.
This is true even of hobbyists, who have a great deal of goods that they use to turn their hobbies into money. Hobbyists are known for crafts. These include knitting, leather working, wood working, ships in bottles, scrap booking, photography, the building of objects, and more.
The statistics about hobbyists, clutter, and items are in the following section.
- When Etsy surveyed 5,500 of its U.S. sellers, it found that that 97% worked from home and 74% considered their shops to be businesses, not hobbies.
- When Etsy surveyed 5,500 of its U.S. sellers, it found that 88% were women.
- You can find 300,000 items in the typical American home.
- British research discovered that the average 10-year-old owned 238 toys but only played with 12 daily.
- People who craft are younger than the population in general. About 35% of people who craft are between the ages of 18 and 34; 37% are between the ages of 35 and 54, and 28% are over the age of 55.
- Research from the Association for Creative Industries shows that crafting is becoming more popular. In 2010, only 56% of U.S. households participated in crafting. As of 2017, 63% of American households enjoyed craft time.
- Crafting can release dopamine. A study published in The British Journal of Occupational Therapy found that 81% of respondents with depression reported feeling happy after knitting.
- There are an estimated 21 million quilters in the United States.
For every craft, there are tools that are needed to complete the job. A leather worker has numerous tools, for instance. There is the leather itself. There is the thread and the needle. There is the spike that makes the holes when hammered. There is the scissors to cut the leather. And there are more tools that are needed.
A quilter might need the material for the quilt. They might need thread and a needle to sew the fabric into place. They may need material to put on the cover of the quilt to make it art. They may need glue to hold parts of it together. They may need something to punch holes in the quilt. And they might need something to put all the materials in.
Storage space becomes important to a hobbyist, as the hobbyist needs a place to put their materials in an organized fashion. Some may just use a toolbox, while others may need a full scale organizer. These will be mentioned in the next section to give an idea of what would work as an organizer.
Storage options for both hobbyists and others include the white modular storage cubes, the three drawer organizer, the white cube organizer, storage and organization furniture, stacking cubes furniture, the stackable 9 cube organizer, the stackable furniture cubes, the stackable cube organizer, the shoe cube organizer, and more.
Stacking cubes furniture is an engaging and attractive way to store objects. The stacking cubes furniture look like a miniature square with cubes inserted into it. The stacking cubes furniture is available at the storage organizer store and can be purchased in many cases online or in-person.
There are many kinds of organizers for people in the United States. And more and more people need organizers to handle the objects that have accumulated over the past several years. Organizers are not just for hobbyists. They are also for people who have a lot of things.