People have enjoyed making bouquets out of flowers for thousands of years. Evidence of flower arrangements being put together has been found dating as far back as 2500 BC. Wedding florists are key to many wedding ceremonies. In fact, at least 60% of all wedding ceremonies feature a flower girl. Now if you are planning a wedding, you may not know where to start when it comes to finding the right flowers for wedding. Here are some tips to help you to find the right wedding florist.
- Work out what you can spend. When you are planning your wedding, you have to start with a budget. When you are working out what you can spend on the wedding, you will have a section for how much you can spend on the wedding florist. Be upfront with the people you talk to about the flowers you are going to want for your weddings so they can help you stay within your budget. Often, couples spend 10% or more of their wedding budget on the flowers so keep that in mind when making your budget and talking to florists.
- Talk to people you know. You probably know couples who have gotten married in your area. Ask them who they used. Talk to people who have used florists for other events as well. The best way to get good quality services or goods is to get a personal recommendation from people you know and trust. If you get the same recommendation from two (or more) people independently of each other, that is the best case scenario.
- Do some research before you start looking for the right local florist for your wedding. First of all, you have to decide what kinds of flowers you like and what you are going to want to have at your wedding. There are a lot of options. It will also help if you know some of the lingo that is used by flower shops. You should also look into what will be in season for the date of your wedding. Not all flowers are available all year round so you should look at what will be available for your wedding.
- Be a little flexible but bring your ideas. So you are getting married in the fall but your favorite flowers are in season only in the spring. Do not give up on getting the look you want. There may be flowers out there that look like the flowers you really want. That is one great part about going to experts in flowers, they can tell you if that is an option for you.
- Think about the venue when you are thinking about the wedding florist. The place where you are planning to get married can have a big influence on what flowers you have. Of course, if you are going to a local vineyard, park, or botanical garden, you may not need to get much in the way of flowers. If your wedding is going to be in a church or temple or other location that does not normally have a lot of flowers or plants, you may need more. Work with the florist to match up the style of your floral arrangements with the style of the venue as well. Some venues require you use a particular florist so make sure you have the flexibility before you start talking to wedding florists.
- Make sure your florist can work with your venue. Like everything else that you will have at your wedding, there will be some setup and take down. Make sure the florist you select will be able to get the logistics done at the venue you pick. This is one of the first questions you should ask the florists you are talking to. It matters little if you have picked the best flowers in the world if the company cannot get them put up in time for your wedding.
Picking the flowers for your wedding can be one of the most fun parts of the planning process. The flowers you pick can have a very big impact on the look and feel of the ceremony and reception. Find the right florist is possible with some effort.