Moving out of your comfort zone and asking for help is not really that easy. In fact, without the efforts of Red Cross donations, even when people do get to the point where they ask for help, they may not find what they need. Fortunately, with the help of Red Cross donations people across the country, and around the world, are able to get the assistance that they need.
Used clothing donations help many families make the difficult transitions that they face in life. From a recovery after a home fire to the long term displacement that is caused by major weather events like tornadoes, floods, and hurricanes, it is important to make sure that people have a place to go when they need assistance.
The Decision to Donate Clothes and Other Items Helps People of All Ages
From children who are facing the first week of the school year to adults who are trying to prepare for a job interview, there are many times when the clothes that you no longer wear can serve a greater purpose. For many Americans who have closets, dresser drawers, and tubs full of clothing that they no longer wear, it is important to think of people who are less fortunate.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the importance of making American Red cCross clothing donations, as well as the impact that charitable giving has on the nation’s economy:
- The American Red Cross provides relief for families and communities in the form of blankets, food, blood and shelter 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Unfortunately, Americans throw away an average of 10 pounds of clothes a person every year, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Donations to your selected charity are tax deductible for the value of the items donated.
- Receiving $687 million in 2014 in private donations, the American National Red Cross is the 13th largest U.S. charity as ranked by private gifts.
- 70% of people in America give to charity every year.
Asking for help is not always easy, but giving takes very little effort. Especially for those people who find themselves with far more than they could ever use, making the decision to give to a charitable cause, even with the simple gift of clothes donations, can help make the world a better place.