Apparently your son and his million dollar smile has made quite an impression on at least one little girl at his new school. And while you did not consider the love interests of any of your son’s new classmates, and possible neighbors, when you were looking at luxury homes for sale, you are glad that both the house you needed to sell and the house that you needed to buy were pretty uneventful transactions. Although you might have been thinking that you would still be asking and answering questions about the custom home that you had just moved into, the bigger conversations were about the transitions your children were making in their new classes.
It seems that last night when your son went with the other first graders at his school to the professional baseball stadium to sing the national anthem before the game, he was caught off guard by a little girl in his class who was also a close neighbor. As your son tells the story, before the game the class was lined up alphabetically. They were told to pick a buddy and to hold hands to walk onto the field. This new classmate and new neighbor girl literally ran from the very back of the line to grab your son’s hand. From the pictures that your husband took, you can tell that your son was not only caught off guard, he also was not that thrilled. When you asked him the next morning who he would have preferred to hold hands with. His response indicated that a boy, any boy would have been better!
Buying a new house involves a lot of decisions, and while you thought about the school district, the local traffic patterns, and the prices of the luxury homes for sale that were close to your husband’s office, you really had not thought to ask if there was a young girl on the block.
Looking at Luxury Homes for Sale Is a Process That Takes Time and Consideration
New construction realtors serve a very specific market. With custom homes, it is especially important for a realtor to know how to ask the right questions and suggest the right resources. When a buyer is looking at custom luxury homes for sale, the stakes are even higher. In fact, many of these high end buyers are looking for a home that will be their final real estate purchase.
Although many luxury home buyers have some very specific needs, these buyers also expect a full range of standard offerings in the homes that they are considering. A look at some of the facts and figures about the home real estate market is an indicator of some of the latest trends:
- Research indicates that 32% of people looking to buy new homes are first time home buyers.
- Estimates indicate that for 42% of recent buyers the first step they took in the home buying process was to look online at properties for sale; 14% of these recent buyers indicated that they first contacted a real estate agent.
- As many as 78% of recent buyers found their real estate agent to be a very useful information source. Online websites were seen as a very useful information source for 82% of recent buyers.
- Luxury home buyers can have some very specific tastes. For instance, stainless steel appliances are most important to people between the ages of 35 to 54. In fact, 23% considered stainless steel appliances to be a “very important” investment.
- Estimates indicate that 60% of buyers indicate they would be willing to pay more for central air conditioning, new kitchen appliances, and a walk-in closet in the master bedroom if they did not already have these features.
- Searching for 10 weeks and looking at a median of 10 homes is a typical home search in today’s market.
- Today’s new construction realtors can help clients find custom homes in a variety of price ranges.
- At least 40% of home buyers without a fireplace say they would spend additional money to have at least one in their home.
- The real estate market can be competitive. As a result, many buyers and sellers work with a real estate agent to be successful
- Everything is important when buying a luxury home, but an agent can help buyers prioritize.