More and more homebuyers are looking at new houses rather than ones that have been lived in. There are a number of reasons for this and they are more affordable than they were in the past. New construction houses have a lot of great benefits over existing homes. Here are a few:
- They can be customized to your preferences. When you buy a home that has already been built and has had people living in it, you have to customize your life to the structure. When you are looking at new construction houses, the opposite is true. Home designers work with clients to create living spaces that match up with the lifestyles they live now and in the future. If you love to cook and entertain, the home can be designed to allow those things. For couples who are looking to start or expand a family, the home can be tailored for that.
- You can create a living space that is more environmentally friendly. Today’s homebuyers are interested, more than at any other time, in building spaces that lessen their carbon footprint. When you look at new construction homes, you can get a home that will be more energy efficient and will be built from more sustainable materials. The homes themselves are better insulated and have better heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) systems that keep homes comfortable without using too much energy.
- The appliances are more eco-friendly. Sure, you can get all green appliances in an existing home but it is a lot easier to start fresh. Most of the time, new home builders plan to put in appliances with better Energy Star ratings. This includes the HVAC but also the washing machines, furnaces, water heaters, ovens, refrigerators, and everything else.
- You will not have to start out with a lot of repairs. Even if you do not need to think about them the day you move into an existing home, you will have a lot of repairs just waiting behind every door. When you buy a new home, everything is new and does not have all of the wear and tear older homes may have.
- New homes need less maintenance than old ones. This is kind of like comparing buying a new vs. used car. When new homes are built, they are built to need less maintenance in the first place. The materials that are put in are selected because they do not need so much care and feeding as the materials used in homes built in times past. When you buy an existing home, you cannot always really know what materials or methods were used in its construction.
- New construction houses have better warranties. New homes that are build today just come with better warranties. There are a number of reasons for this. New home builders will often guarantee the work they did on the home for a minimum of one year. If there are any problems with things like the water heater, the roof, or some other part of the house, you have someone you can call upon for help. The same cannot be said of existing homes where you are the only one responsible when the roof starts leaking at 4 in the morning.
- New homes are more resistant to fire. Over the past few decades, new materials and home features have been developed to make houses less vulnerable to fire. Fire retardant materials are used in all areas of new homes from the carpeting to the walls. Even better, fire and smoke detectors are now being hardwired into homes so people do not have to worry about the smoke detectors that rely on batteries that can go dead.
- You may have better financing options available. There are different financing options available for people who buy new construction houses than those who get other kinds of homes. This may mean you have a better chance of getting into the home you really want.
There are a lot of options out there for people who are looking to buy a new home. New construction houses offer people a lot of options that are just not available in existing houses or condos.